|To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants|
|Airdate:||July 17, 2009|
|Previous Episode:||Squid's Visit|
"To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants" is an episode from Season 6.
Time Cards ShownEdit
- Much Later
- Much Much Later
- SpongeBob (SpongeBob RoundPants)
- Sandy (2 cameos)
- Mr. Krabs
- Nat Peterson
- Billy (Teenager)
- Clothes Store Employee in the Mall
- Krusty Krab Customers
- French Narrator
SpongeBob was cleaning the inside of his house. While doing so, he left his pants inside the laundry machine. Meanwhile, Patrick suddenly called and asked SpongeBob if he could guess how long he could keep looling (lool-lool-lool...). Later, SpongeBob asked Gary if he could put his laundry inside the dryer. Much later, Patrick finally stopped looling. And as SpongeBob came to check on his laundry, his square pants shrunk and he was forced to buy new ones. At the mall, there weren't any square pants available so SpongeBob tried various kinds of pants and picked a circular pants similar to his old ones. On the way home, SpongeBob saw Patrick. SpongeBob approached him but Patrick didn't recognized him with his new pants and SpongeBob was asked by Patrick to be left alone and called him a "Mysterious Stranger!". Meanwhile, Sandy suddenly saw SpongeBob and referred to him as a stranger and called him "SpongeBob FancyPants". SpongeBob then decides to go to Squidward's because he was confident that Squidward will still remember him. As SpongeBob walks towards Squidward's house, Squidward saw him coming and pretended to not know him at all. SpongeBob was disappointed that non of his friends recognizes him. SpongeBob then, heads to his house. The door was locked and forgot the keys in his other pants. SpongeBob tried to call Gary's attention but Patrick was the one who opened the door, and SpongeBob was rejected in his own house. Because of that experience, SpongeBob decided to start a new life. SpongeBob decided to apply for a job at the Krusty Krab as "SpongeBob RoundPants". SpongeBob asked if Squidward show him how things work at the Krusty Krab and SpongeBob acts as if he hasn't work in that restaurant before. SpongeBob tries to do and jot down what Squidward does. Later, Mr. Krabs spotted SpongeBob and Squidward sleeping. Mr. Krabs could still recognized him and told SpongeBob having circular pants doesn't change who he is. SpongeBob explained that he can't be SpongeBob SquarePants if he is wearing circular pants. Mr. Krabs then asked SpongeBob who gave him that idea and SpongeBob pointed at Patrick while Patrick was about to gulp down a Krabby Patty. Mr. Krabs then advised him to take off his pants if that was the case. So Sandy called him SpongeBob Underpants, thus, making him scream
- According to SpongeBob's calendar, this episode takes place in January.
- This is the second time Patrick has written on his hands. He drew SpongeBob and wrote "Square Pants" in this. He wrote Kick Boxer on it in No Weenies Allowed.
- The title is a parody of the famous Shakespeare saying "To be or not to be."
- Squidward's magazine is called "House Fancy," this is also the name of a SpongeBob episode and a TV show.
- This is the first time we see Gary with underpants on.
- SpongeBob changes his name three times in this episode. First it was SpongeBob FancyPants, SpongeBob RoundPants, and then SpongeBob UnderPants.
- SpongeBob's round pants resemble his flying pants from The Sponge Who Could Fly.
- One of the pictures appears to be from Choir Boys. SpongeBob is there and Squidward seems to be holding a brush. But in the episode (the very beginning) SpongeBob isn't even there and no brush is anywhere to be seen. It also could be from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie because there is a brush and SpongeBob is there. But, the movie takes place after the series so it's unlikely. It also may be Squid's Day Off and Slide Whistle Stooges, but in those two episodes, SpongeBob wasn't even in Squidward's Bathroom and Squidward wasn't singing with the brush.
- The Triple Patty with cheese is a parody of Burger King's Triple Whopper with cheese, and the Double Patty is a parody of Burger King's Double Whopper.
- The German Title is, "Quadrathose oder nicht sein", which means "SquarePants or Not".
- On the credits for the DVD of the same name, this episode is misspelled as "To SquarePants or Not To".
- Though it is an 11 minute episode like others, it is often referred to as a special.
- The realtor agent from Opposite Day is seen again.
- SpongeBob is seen walking around town in his underwear in the beginning and ending. But, how is he able to walk around town in his underwear when public nudity is against the law. Even though wearing your underwear isn't really being nude, Sandy did the same thing in Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy, and she was arrested, even when wearing a bikini and underwear.